Everybody loves pizza! But also traditional pizza can be very unhealthy and filled with bad fats and calories. Here we have prepared for you a healthy recipe for the pizza crust, so you can reap the benefits of healthy food while still enjoying your favorite dish.
The two main ingredients of the reinvented pizza crust are cauliflower and chia seeds.
Cauliflower is a very beneficial plant when it comes to your health. One of its most important characteristics is that it is rich in nutrients while poor with calories. 100 grams of cauliflower provides 25 calories but also 20% of the daily value of vitamin C. In addition, It is a good source of B vitamins and vitamin K.
Here are some of its health benefits:
– battles irritation,
– protects the heart and brain,
– good for weight reduction,
– balances hormones,
– enhances detoxification.
Chia seeds have become very popular and there is a good reason for it! It is extremely rich with helpful nutrients such as thiamine (vitamin B), niacin (vitamin B3), riboflavin (vitamin B2), and folate (vitamin B9) as well as minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc. Accordingly, chia is great for your body and mind:
– it is a source of antioxidants,
– a great source of fibers,
– rich in proteins,
– high in Omega-3 Fatty Acid etc.
So here is the healthiest pizza crust recipe, that will make your favorite food even better!
1 Large head of organic cauliflower,
3/4 cup of ground almonds,
1 1/2 tbsp of dried oregano,
salt and pepper to taste,
1/4 cup chia seeds,
3/4 cup water.
- Preheat your oven to 400F,
- Mix the chia seeds with the water and place it in the fridge 20 minutes before intended use,
- Chop the cauliflower and place it in a blender or a food processor, blend it until it gets a fine, rice-like texture
- Use 3 cups of the blended cauliflower and mix it with the rest of the ingredients.